Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ColorSmash Beads: Polymer Clay, Color and Maggie Maggio Part 2





At the end of my class with Maggie Maggio, I gathered together my leftover black/white canes and mixed rainbow colors used for my split ring bracelet.  In a rush I just smashed them together into one big lump of clay, wrapped it in Syran Wrap, threw it in my carryall with my tools and headed for home. A few days later, I pulled out my leftover clay with the intent of using it for scrap. I sliced it in half and what I saw was a great mixture of black, gray and white stripes mixed with blocks of color--way too cool to turn into mud. So I made what I call “ColorSmash” beads.  I cut slices of clay, wrapped them around wooden beads, punched holes and strung them with brightly colored rondelles to make a necklace, bracelet and earrings.  What fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment